Whew!
Things have been busy around here. But enough about that. This past weekend was Awesome with a killer a-w-e-s-o-m-e.
Friday: JD's birthday
A most spectacular day. We had planned to go to dinner at Carrabba's but as fate would have it, the power went out on that city block and we were forced to find an alternative. We ended up at Provo's own La Dolce Vita which led JD to eat a birthday dinner of Artichoke stuffed spinach ravioli sauteed with broccoli (all his least favorite things) that turned out to be AmAZinG. He approved. We did a little bit of shopping and just had a happy night together.
Saturday: Buglet's baptism
It's customary in LDS faith for children to be baptized at 8 years old. The day was perfect. As perfect as can be. Buglet was baptized by her Grandpa and we had a nifty little cinnamon roll soiree afterward. Great moments, great company, great feelings all around. Especially since JD's family came and my family came which meant that said families got to meet for the first time and the matriarchs of each family spent a great deal of time whispering and sharing our secrets. Approvals given all the way around and everyone
The afternoon found us traveling northward to the outlet mall of treacherous spending. No, really. We both love Banana Republic something fierce (you already know about my obsession) and headed up to the BR outlet. There was a serious sale on suiting and well, see, there just may be a need for someone to wear some of that in the not-so-soon-yet-not-so-distant future. A little bribery for buglet to go to the toy store with her birthday $ and she was happy as a clam to help us find all manner of fabulousness.
Proof that we saved enough to make it worth it
His Hotness driving to the pit of endless fashion funds consumption
Her majesty patiently enduring the drive
At the in-laws. Can I call them that? I mean, I'm not engaged or married so we have no legal claim to one another. Consider it an honorary term until further notice.
This was fantastic. I made PW's beef fajita nachos. Verdict? Make these. At least make the meat. The chipotle marinade is amazing!! The only issue is that when I plopped it atop my cast iron grill pan, the chipotles put something into the air that made everyone hack and cough as they came up the stairs. This tendency went away once it was finished, but the cooking process brought a bit discomfort to say the least.
Long story short, we all lived, we had our fair share of amazing moments, and life is still fantatic beyond words.










3 comments:
Michelle! I'm so excited to read about what just may happening in the not-so-soon-yet-not-so-distant future!! You are darling. I'm glad you and Buglet are happy.
Coming down on Sunday. Be warned: if at all possible I'm going to see you and get some of this in person.
I remember coming up from Texas for your baptism.
Post a Comment