Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Dino-snaurz

Saturday we (Me, JD, ARB) headed to the Museum of Ancient Life. I'd heard good things about it, and though Aeryn had been asking for AGES to go, we just hadn't taken the opportunity. Not even last summer when they did $2 Tuesdays. I tell you what, I now know what an amazing deal that is. (We'll not pass it up again!)

It was fantastic. (I've been saying that about a lot of things lately.)

The pictures, in reverse order simply because I felt like it.


This one is my favorite. Forget saving the best for last, I'll just lay it straight out there. We were watching Aeryn gallivant around with all the other children in the fossil dig pit. Man alive she loved it. This is quite the cute little area. Cute company too, wouldn't you say?


Aeryn playing with one of the random children in the vicinity. She had the whole skeleton pretty much cleaned off when a little girl around two plopped into the sand and buried it again. Undeterred, she just dug right in again and brushed it off some more. Sand + Children = Happy. 


Look at those legs! Grrrr....!! 


One of the great things about this museum is the number of hands-on things for kids. Instead of the typical "hands-off" signs, they have signs on the things that CAN be touched. She was really good at looking for the signs. 


I confess this was my favorite part of the museum. They call it an erosion table but I tend to call it a stream table. I've wanted something similar for my classroom to teach stream erosion but after seeing the cute little dinosaurs and stuff that kids can create with I may have a tough time seeing something like this as an educational tool instead of a giant toy. It was awesome and Aeryn had a blast playing in it - even when she got splashed pretty good by one of the boys.
I'm really excited to go back again. Hopefully next time we'll be able to take JD's little one, E. What a blast the girls would have.

Long story short: the museum was great, the company even better, and the day was entirely splendid.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Jimbo said...

Those are nice legs. :)

Anonymous said...

I've still never been there! And does this guy know you're talking about his legs? =) Steve always reads my blog so I have to be somewhat careful what I say, lol! And tell the Bug we all said hi and happy birthday. Is she really 8?