Which is not news. In fact, she's been 8 for a whopping 10 days already. Ironically those same 10 days have been quite full of complete awesomeness so I haven't shared her "coming-of-age" stories.
Is it weird that 8 feels like coming-of-age in a way? In LDS communities this is a significant age, and one that has already brought more tears of joy/trepidation/disbelief/sheer elation than any birthday thus far. Granted, that may just be part of watching the little bug grow up.
Despite my love of decorating fun cakes for her, as a time starved mom I sacrificed the duty to wow her and let her decorate the cake herself. She LOVED it. I'd have loved to make something fanciful and amazing, but life just doesn't let me do that the way it did for the jungle cake or the castle cake. (I'm not pretending those were amazing, but they took a serious chunk of time)
The final product. She tried to spell out "Happy Birthday" around the edges but the Mike & Ikes were a little tough to read.
The kiddo was (once again) completely spoiled. She's so appreciative and thankful though. At least we've got that...
(You thought I was kidding. Only the striped ones were from me)
In good news, we finally got rid of the Pepto Bismol pink bedding in her room. If you come over, rest assured you will now be able to open your eyes without convulsing from over-pinkness.
I was really tempted to ask what she wished for, but I'm sure that it goes without saying it was short and fuzzy and rhymes slightly with schluppy.
This was so sweet. Aeryn was thrilled to open this darling "CTR" necklace selected by JD's adorable 4 year old daughter. Her face here is priceless. Which made my heart feel something priceless. No foolin'.









1 comments:
Happy Birthday Aeryn!
Post a Comment