Sunday, May 8, 2011

It's raining



Which I suppose I ought to get used to.

Usually I love it. The gray skies and drizzle make me really happy. There is something childlike about it, as though it screams to have someone splash in its puddles or dance with umbrellas and just be happy. For years I dreamed about living in the Pacific Northwest, and it's hard to believe it will really happen. I'm thrilled, sooo very excited, and a tiny bit nervous too. 

For one who burns at the thought of sun, rain is a delight. But today, the rain is not as energizing as normal.

Call it disappointment after two days of 74 degree highs, or just a slight dampening of the spirit that screams out for summer vacation to be here. (Lots of exciting things happening you know.) Or maybe it's that the boy is gone again. Yup, two more weeks - Or 12 days actually - before I join him for a very exciting event (not THAT one). I can't help it, I miss him.

This weeks projects are nothing I wish to photograph at present, yet there are projects coming out the wazoo! I tell ya, send the boy out of town and I go a little project crazy. This time it's mostly painting, installing baseboards, and replacing worse-than-imaginable drywall repairs with slightly mediocre drywall repairs. Its an improvement. My mind is thrown back in time 6 years when I was preparing to move and come back to school, aching to achieve a different place in life than I was then experiencing. I fixed up the little house I lived in just in time to move out and sell it. I had done it two years before that with another home. And here we are doing it again. Fixing up things and getting the house close to what I had imagined just to sell it or rent it or in some other fashion not live in it anymore. It's a little bittersweet.

In any case, rain on dear clouds, rain on. I enjoy the freshness and peace you bring. It just might take a day to sink in.

Photobucket

1 comments:

Kristi said...

Well, if you like the rain, you're going to LOVE living in Oregon! Also, you should have come with us to Hawaii because it has rained A TON since we got here on Sunday. Luckily, we can just drive through a super long tunnel and come out on the sunny side of the island.