This is one of those times when I feel like I'm supposed to blog about something, but cannot for the life of me figure out what to say. It's November of course, and the rain and drizzle we've been drenched with is lifting my spirits in a weird way. I love the rain. I love it like Deb loves a shoe sale. I love it like Bets loves a good fossil. Heck, I love it like fat boys love godiva chocolates (that was the weirdest game we ever played as kids Leelers)! Every time we get this glorious cloudy weather I imagine myself living in the beautiful northwest and wonder if it really would be all that bad to be away from family if the distance would grant me Portland... then I remember how stinkin hard this parenting thing can be all by oneself and the idea flies south for the winter.
Don't worry, it'll return again soon enough.
Which brings me to the main point: I love free babysitting.
Sure, I don't use it that often (for non-scholastic reasons)
and I know it's not traumatizing or anything for the Grandparents
but really, it's the best thing on Earth!
Which settles it.
I need to teach Aeryn to love the rain so she (in about a bajillion years) moves to Portland after getting married and I can follow her there to babysit for her littles. Then I can have the rain and clouds and mountains and coastline and sheer gorgeousness of it all, and she can know the utter joy that is free babysitting! Don't I need, as a loving parent, to teach her the grandiose nature of one of life's oft unspoken treasures?
Methinks I do. Oh, yes. I do.



2 comments:
I love the rain as well. I think that I could be perfectly happy in Oregon or the like! :) Or maybe I am SOOO starved for rainy days living here in AZ, that I just THINK that I love the rain so much! hehe...
That made me laugh really hard. :)
Post a Comment