Maybe I should add the word "roll." The great toilet paper roll experiment.
I tend to keep a bunch of random junk. Much of this I blame on being a teacher (I need stuff for them to create with that I don't have to pay for) or being a mom (we can do so many cool things with this someday) or just being crafty (I saw this great idea once). I'm not certain that JD really understands what he's getting into with this deal, but hey, he's lucky. Lucky because we're moving right off the bat and I feel the need to get rid of all my "useless" junk.
My yard needs some TLC.
I have seeds, I have soil, I have two months to live here and a need to be sure that the yard is tolerably appealing to future owners/tenants (whichever route I end up going) or at least the HOA. So toilet paper rolls as planters were born.
Confession: I did not invent this idea. You can find it all over the place if you search for "plant seeds in toilet paper rolls" like I did. Since I looked at several results and then just jumped in bum first, I can't refer you to just one that inspired me.
Follow along on my potentially unusual recycling journey. My first step: snip the ends of the tubes about an inch down. I used kitchen shears because normal scissors just don't seem to survive in my house. Or they get fed up with things and run away. I can't quite figure it out.
The way I see it, this can go one of two ways: Marginal success or Epic fail. Which do you predict?








1 comments:
Good luck! Seed starts never seem to work with me, so I've given up wasting space in my house. I just go buy the plant starts. And even THOSE don't always like me. =)
Post a Comment