It was soooo gorgeous last week. We had a couple days in a row that were in the mid-70's and life was just delightful. I drank it up a little more than normal knowing that days like that are limited in my near future. As I was traipsing along life in shorts and lightweight t-shirts, completely shoeless and galavanting around in the sunlight, Aeryn pulled out winter wear.
I don't quite get why. But then, it's been a great many years since I thought like I was 8. The stuff I remember from when I was 8 doesn't make sense either.
Like the winter day I came home from school and found the sunshine to be so pleasant and comfortable I put my bathing suit on and laid on top of the snow resting atop one of the glorious circa 1970 low juniper bushes that graced our front yard. Oh, how glad I am that certain landscaping trends have not resurfaced.
The one thing Aeryn did want to do outside was take the cat for a walk. Um, ok.We have a "no kitty outside" rule as she's a purely indoor cat with no front claws. When we adopted her she was fully harness trained but seriously, do you think I kept that up? Not a chance.
So we settled for the pseudo walk. At least until mom said "We've gotta go shopping." To which Aeryn truly did wear the fleece hat and long sleeves. I had the windows and sunroof open while she continually reassured me that no, she wasn't too hot as I'd warned she might be.
Kids are one thing. Don't you think the cat loves her winter wear? It perfectly matches her collar. At least her feminine wiles will not be upset by a clashing wardrobe. Season, shmeason. Who cares if fashion is calling?








1 comments:
I love the scarf on the kitty! And my Jessie is another fashion-sensitive gal, regardless of weather . . . as are some of the teenagers, who would rather freeze in the winter as they walk to school in -4 degree weather rather than wear a coat. Huh. I remember wearing all kinds of unfashionable items simply because that's what I was given. Guess I was just never with it!
Post a Comment