Monday, May 30, 2011

The world's worst blogger

Seriously, that's me.

Lately I've got excuses, ahem, reasons, why. At least I think so. Here's my to-do list for the next two and a half months:

June:
1-2 Completely pack up classroom
2 JD presents research at the ACSM conference
3 Submit final grades
3-15 Gone from home - taking buglet to visit her dad
16-30 Plan a wedding, fix house for sale, apply for jobs, hope that I do/don't have to fly to Portland in this block for interviews (can't tell which is better!)
20 Begin class for my first semester toward my Master's
25-ish Move JD's stuff from storage into my place so we can sort what yours/mine/ours things we will keep

July:
1 Have house ready to list with realtor (tack strips removed in basement, drywall finished, paint master bedroom, paint basement, paint all bedroom doors, replace bedroom doorknobs, intall closet doors)
1-4 Family reunion for JD's family in Idaho. No idea if we're going to make it or not.
9 Get married
11 Brother-in-law gets married
11-16 Honeymoon
15 Registered to run a 10k, but it looks like that one is getting bumped from the list (though I'd say it's for a very good reason!)
19 ??? Open House/Reception
20-24 Pack/Send stuff to thrift stores/Find storage unit for all our stuff
25 Move to Oregon

August:
6 Step-bother's wedding in Washington
15 JD starts PhD program
16 Pray that I have found a job through some miraculous wonder

Really, I've been a little stressed lately. I can't imagine why. It's all do-able, I hope. We're still figuring out little things like what the kids will do while we move and how to get them back from the other parent once we're a few states away and piddly things like that.

We didn't have a lot of openings for when to schedule our wedding, and we've hurt some feelings with the date we chose (which we really didn't want to do). It's been hard. Honestly, there are only about 30 people that we've tried to accomodate and figure after that it doesn't matter who comes but within that group of 30 there are so many schedule conflicts and issues that it's amazing we figured anything out at all. Then my work time has been filled with trying to get my replacement up to speed and I've not been able to pack there. It's gotta be done by Thursday, so here's hoping!

I know everyone's life is insane and busy so I don't pretend that mine is any different. I just wish to explain why in my little head blogging has been low priority. In case you've missed me. Or something.

With that, JD&Me are starting a new blog for our new family. It will launch (oooh, that sounds so official!) sometime before the end of June - I'll keep you posted. This one will then be kicked to the wayside and abandoned. But hey, it sort of feels like that already!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you ever condemn yourself as a terrible blogger! I was just saying to Steve the other day how you had time for all this blogging (complete with picturew!) AND Facebook on such a regular basis, even with move and wedding (to say the least) pending. I know I've been terrible at visiting since I got married, but I'm sure gonna miss you, girl! Somehow just knowing I COULD visit was nice. Good luck with all, though. You'll do great!

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I can' spell "pictures."

April and Michael Maughan said...

Wow. That's a lot. We are very excited for you, though. You picked a busy time to start a Master's class! Good luck with it all. I'd volunteer to come over with Mike and help paint and stuff, but that's hard when we're on the other side of the country. I hope you have people there who are helping with all that!

Angela S said...

You can totally do all that stuff. Its in the bag ;) Good luck!

Mel said...

Everyone's life is busy...? Nope. Not like that! But you can do it. I bet it will fly by and you'll look back at it all as a really fun time (well especially the marrying honeymooning part...) You'll be fine, you'll get all ya'lls stuff sorted and the house ready (don't you wish you were Texan and you could say that too?). Good luck!

Alexandra said...

I've been away from blogging so long!!! and I've missed so much!!! Congrats on you impending nuptials!