Sunday, April 17, 2011

Family spring vay-cay 2011 - the Jimmer edition

     

Day 3: found us having a leisurely morning with the kids, once again, running amok. We went to church with JD's old ward and I met a serious ton of people. Confession: when he wasn't around I tried to blend into the woodwork (read: wallflower) so that I wouldn't have to explain that I was visiting because I'm engaged to a guy who used to live there a couple years ago that they may or may not remember. Awkward. So, I hovered in plain sight and tried to make myself as inconspicuous as possible under the circumstances.

That night we had Sunday dinner with the awesome-friends and the kids played outside (our 2 + their 3). JD is athletic and pretty much sports minded in all possible ways. ARB loves to play basketball (even if she still has no idea what she's doing) and so the b-ball lessons were naturally born. She LOVED it. I honestly sat there watching and thinking that I would need to rush out and buy a basketball hoop the second we got home... and now that we're home I'm still temped but a small sense of reality has smooshed it's way back into my mind and wallet. We'll see. We're going to have to do something if we're going to raise these kids with some mad b-ball skillz.






***Can you tell I'm having fun with video? That's new for me. I got a flip cam for school so I can tape lessons and upload them for students but I've simply got to play with the thing enough to learn what on Earth I'm doing. So, yes, you all are my guinea pigs so I can be sure to be somewhat technologically competent before laying it all out in front of 14 year olds who have no qualms about pointing out flaws...***

Photobucket

0 comments: