After arriving in Cali we set up camp at the home of some of JD's generous and awesome friends. They housed us for 3 days letting our children run amok and just being completely hospitable and amazing. Really, they were fabulous. I've gained new perspective on how easy going I would like to be. After moving in our carload of stuff we dressed for the wedding reception.
The couple had chosen a black/white/bright yellow color scheme and had a photo booth set up with tons of props (hence the picture above) which was truly fun. The bride and groom both wore bright yellow converse with their formalwear and everything was amazing. It truly did not look like a basketball court in there. The food was to die for but the best part has to be the dancing. At least, for the kids it was!
I totally love my family.
...but I don't totally love the guy in the black suit who tended to move right in front of me everytime I tried to take a video of my awesome peeps. The wedding was a fantastic way to end a day full of driving. The girls had a blast, I learned once again how stinking lucky I am for this famiy that will be mine, and met JD's awesome friends.
Later that night, more awesome-friends came over and we had a little adult game night pow-wow. Adult as in over 20, not the other way. We played reverse charades which the men straight dominated (though I may not admit that ever again) despite some seriously devoted attempts from the women-folk. They just happened to get easier words. Honestly. If you're looking for a fun group game, check it out. Even though we were playing with mostly strangers (for me), I had no shame left by the end and felt like I'd made some new friends.




0 comments:
Post a Comment