That's today. Yup, we got a snow day, particularly because we haven't had a snow day.
What? That doesn't make sense? Well, it was technically the snow make-up day built in for the event that we did have a snow day, which we didn't, so we got a freebie. Talk about a fantastic little treat! The only thing that would have made it better would be if JD were in town. 2 days.... I can make it two more days...
Distraction projects again took center stage. It was such a nice day (i.e. I was rested and not at work) that I decided it was time to paint the front door trim to match the door. Looking around the neighborhood, it is evidently quite odd to have a stark white frame around a dark door, so I painted it to match like houses usually have done. I like it much better - exCePt for the fact that the stucco is chipping around the door frame and it makes it look like I'm a really crooked painter.
Then I got my spring hat on and started some seeds:
...and did a bunch of laundry, cleaned the house, started cleaning the garage, took stuff to the thrift store, returned a bunch of stuff to the store, and a whole host of other non-photo worthy activities. It was family night and I got this crazy hairbrained idea to do something St. Patricksy. Yes, it's now a word.
Enter: Sticky Snacks
Sticky snacks are nothing more than Jello popcorn balls, made with puffed wheat cereal instead of popcorn. My Grandma used to make Jello puffed rice balls every Christmas and I LOVED them. It was one of the freebie snacks we could have whenever we wanted and I sure did make good use of that!
Since is was in honor of the Irish, we used green Jello. Yes, I know. And yes, you're right, they are weird. But the buglet likes them and coined the title "sticky snacks." Since it was all about her, and she loves them, I'm going to say it was a success. Even if I'd rather eat mustard. Ok, that's probably not true, but they are not my favorite to say the least.









1 comments:
Your door looks really good! I meant to tell you this earlier, but you and your boyfriend are super cute, like ridiculously so :) And thank you for your sweet comments on my post last week.
Post a Comment