It's Sunday again. A beautiful, bright, almost-Spring Sunday morning. I absolutely love being up when the bright glow of sunlight begins to bathe our valley. There is just something optimistic and fresh about the dawning of a new day, infusing our souls with the newness and possibility. It's spectacular.
And spectacular days ought to begin with spectacular treats. Today, we made this. After these brownies (which were not my favorites ever) I was convinced that browned butter belonged in everything. After today, I am resigned to the fact that it is true. Sweet, delicious, browned butter. Very few things amplify existing recipes as much as this simple addition. Disclaimer: Browned butter is almost able to cure all ills; except the new chip I found this morning in my mother's piano (clearly from some random impact or another) and the sentimental butter dish that I accidentally dropped on the floor. Browned butter may be food straight from heaven, but it likely doesn't cure all of what ails you. Just most things. It's my new obsession. Couple that with cinnamon and sugar (which ought to be their own food group) and tasty things happen.
Want to try this? Here's some notes:
- The dough was sticker than I expected even based upon her descriptions. But I went with it anyway and it turned out beautiful.
- We followed the 1/2 at night 1/2 in the morning method. Fantastic.
- Stacking the layers is really tricky to do. The dough is so soft it's hard to move without a spatula.
- Yes, it simply must rest before you eat it. Try. To. Resist.




0 comments:
Post a Comment