Saturday, March 12, 2011

Just keep running, just keep running...

Today I fulfilled a dream. A silly one, but a dream nonetheless. For the last year, I've been aiming to run a 10K but just never could quite push myself to do it. Remember the other day when I said I registered for a 5K? Well, I was wrong. When I got the confirmation email it said I had registered for the 10K instead. My subconscious must have one-upped me in that one. This put a small bit of panic into my soul as the farthest distance I've run in the last, oh, 15 years or so, is 4 miles. Still a bit short of the demands of today... but as fate would have it, JD gave me some stellar advice to just take it easy and pick a pace where I could have a conversation with someone while I was running (He knows his stuff, and he's awesome. Have I told you that lately?). I did, it worked, and I finished having run the entire thing and feeling that I could go even farther. So I'd say the morning was a success! Now, to shave 9+ minutes off my time...




The day then consisted of frisbee, grocery shopping, pulling weeds in the garden (can't start too early!), laundry, bath taking, and Rubio's for dinner. Whoever thought of a salsa bar where you can add all the extra onions your little heart desires and grab a dish of tomatillo salsa is my current hero. If only there were a way to combine that with Cafe Rio's steak burrito, Costa Vidas tortillas, and Bajio's grilled onions. We just might have the perfect restaurant.

It's been a delightful little Saturday, but some special company is missing. Is it March 17th yet??? I'm getting impatient.



Photobucket

0 comments: