Friday, November 26, 2010

ME Me me mememe!!!! You gotta do this one too!!

Ok all, this one is TOOOOO fantastic to not participate in. You should check out the original post about it here.

Mama’s Holiday Wish List Meme

TodaysMama (link to: http://bit.ly/tmwishlist) and GameStop (link to: http://bit.ly/gamestop10) are giving away a sleighful of gifts this holiday season and to enter I’m sharing this meme with you.


1. What is your holiday wish for your family?
Safe travel. My daughter is spending the holiday 600 miles away with her dad. I will be glued to the weather reports until she is safe at home again.

2. What is your Christmas morning tradition?
In our family, everyone gets showered & dressed before a leisurely breakfast. Then we do gifts about 11:00 or noon. It's really fun, laid back time and it takes some of the emphasis off presents (which I like).

3. If you could ask Santa for one, completely decadent wish for yourself, what would it be?
Oooh. Probably a Sillhouette machine. I don't need it, but it sure would be fun!

4. How do you make the holidays special without spending any money?
We have a couple cookies we always make (and since I always have the ingredients on hand I count it as free) and we also go look at the lights in downtown Salt Lake City and then have hot cocoa. We also crash on the floor with family members and watch holiday movies.

5. What games did you play with your family growing up?
ROOK. My family always played Rook. Or Uno.

6. What holiday tradition have you carried on from your own childhood?
The delayed Christmas gift opening. We didn't have many traditions but I'm trying to carry on some of my Grandma's traditions such as puffed rice balls, candied puffed wheat, and the Moochin' Tree.

7. Where would you go for a Christmas-away-from-home trip?
I don't know that I would choose to go away from home. There is something very much HOME about the whole Christmas season.

8. Check out GameStop (link to: http://bit.ly/gamestop10) and tell us, what are the three top items on your GameStop Wish List this year?
That's easy! Wii Fit Plus, Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2011, and Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii) for the Buglet.



Photobucket

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you are continuing some of Grandma's traditions! I always seem to miss Orem around the holidays. May I get a copy of those recipes sometime?