And then I saw this: 
Which sort of looks like my house; filled with potential but lost behind lots of work. When I look at it this is what I see: 
Combined with the knowledge that I haven't developed my Meteorology curriculum yet, and I'm in no way fit to lead the Earth Systems team this year, and I haven't figured out kid care for the coming year, and that I don't know how I'm going to juggle work, and mom, and a house, and dating, and still squeeze in a dog somewhere. It may just be a classroom, but it speaks of everything to me.
Needless to say, the hope has been shattered and replaced by sheer terror. I know in two weeks I'll be raving about how much I love my job and it will all be worth it. For now? Well, I'm just going to go to sleep and dream that it's all ok. 
Friday, August 20, 2010
I went to work today filled with hope
Posted by
Micha
at
6:29 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
You can totally do it...just remember to breath oh and actually eat something!
Hey, you're supermom, remember? That means everything else is a piece of cake. Maybe a molten lava cake ready to erupt, but isn't that the best type anyway? Good luck and have fun! Believe it or not, I'm so totally jealous of you! I still fight every day with the thought that I should be teaching. =)
This is going to seem rather random, but I thought of you today when I saw this: http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/xkcd/dacb/
If I was in a science classroom (which is what I prepared to do when I was in college) I would so totally get this shirt.
Post a Comment