Thursday, August 19, 2010

Pets among us

No, we didn't get a dog.
Not yet anyway. I'm REALLY tempted still. Petsmart has a couple adoption fairs before Christmas so we'll see how long it takes before I cave :)

These are much lower maintenance, have much smaller space requirements, and were about as cost effective as they come; free.


Photobucket



Aquatic frogs. African dwarf frogs. Hymenochirus boettgeri.


Photobucket


When I see one of them floating like this I wonder who was the first person to decide frog legs were edible. I'm pretty sure they were on the verge of starvation when that thought occurred.



Photobucket



The chubby fella is Jimmy, or Brandon when Aeryn forgets what she's named him. The scrawny little guy is Lando. Wish them luck. Water-borne pets have very bad luck with us.


Photobucket

4 comments:

Micha said...

Ok, so I really do have bad luck with water things. Woke up this morning and Lando is no longer with us. (In my defense, he was already scrawny and sickly) N

Anonymous said...

Hey, at least you know what happened to Lando. We had a frog, Ollie, with our beta fish, and we STILL don't know what happened to him! Cleaned the whole tank (and living room) and can't find a trace of him. Hmm. We were told betas don't eat frogs, but I'm running out of possibilities.

Amanda/Mandy said...

Sad day for Lando -- I thought K. said they tried and tried and they we almost kill proof. At least you have the other still.

Katie said...

Oh no, poor Lando! But I'm glad Jimmy/Brandon is still alive and swimming :)

You need a dog!