Sunday, March 21, 2010

Pop Tart Adventures

The glorious sushine and warmth visited us for the day which gave me such an itch to get outside! The bug was having none of that though and I took to bribing her with toasty treats of yum to get her into the car. Hungry? (when I knew that yes, she was) Great! Just follow me and I'll give you this pop tart!

I made her wait until we got to the trail before I divulged the goodness. By then she was so excited and the "I don't wanna have an adventure!!" had morphed into "YAY!!! A 'venture!!!"

Photobucket
Gazing with sheer thrill and jubilance at the posted declaration.

Photobucket
The tree-hugger in me boring the bug nearly to death.

Photobucket
Looking out over our neighborhood. We tracked down her old bus stop, friends houses, and a bunch of other random memories. Couldn't see our house though. The ski lodge just left of the middle of the picture is blocking it. (It's not really a ski lodge, but we affectionately refer to it as one since they had to build it on 4 lots and it's ginormous.)

Photobucket
A long overdue us self-pic.

Photobucket
Just a few moments after this was taken I heard, coming cheerfully from the ground below where I was sitting, "Mommy, the bug went to Heaven."

Photobucket
I handed over the camera of power for a few moments and it felt GOOOOOOOD to get to goof off and let her document whatever she wanted.

Photobucket
In the absence of horses, these poles serve as a convenient place to tie up children for a brief break.

Really.


Photobucket
A delightful bit of green. Welcome Spring!!!


Success.

Pop Tart Adventures just may become a Sunday afternoon tradition.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Lovely to see you Michelle. You look like Rene.

Anonymous said...

How fun! I miss taking my kids on adventures -- I may have to start it up again as well, at least with the younger ones. Yay for spring! We got snowed on again. Ugh.

Peterson Family said...

Love the A'venture! :) Sometimes food is all it takes to lure them out of the house. haha

I have family in Orem. Such a beautful little city all nestled in the foothills. I always loved to go and visit them when I was younger.