Sunday, March 14, 2010

how was your weekend?

mine was out of control. all week i got way too little sleep: 4.5 hours a night, which is truthfully my average. on a normal friday i make up for it all, but not this week. friday brought with it roller skating for the kiddo, dancing and late night breakfast joints for me. to the tune of crawling into bed at 3:37 a.m., which would've been terrible but not disasterous except for getting up at 7:12 a.m. to go run the 5k. in the end, i finished about 2 minutes over my goal time (i think, official times aren't posted yet) which i consider a huge accomplishment on so many levels, the sleep deprivation among them.

so saturday brought with it grand ambitions of laziness. i was about asleep for a well-earned nap when a friend came over (yes, it was welcome). we crashed on opposite ends of my lovely sectional for a mutual sleep-fest but in my typical fashion, i couldn't sleep with people over and a bored child in need of attention, so a brief 30 minute catnap fueled the rest of my day until 9 when i headed (with said friend and daughter of other friend) to see a house concert by the talented john allred.

'twas sublime. he's so seriously amazing. here's really poor video of one of the first songs he played. my memory card was almost full so this was the only video i took (with bad lighting and just as odd audio quality, sorry!), though certainly not the best part of the night. this concert led to yet another late night breakfast outing with friends and a bedtime of 2:30something. daylight savings time took it's toll and tho i woke "early," i was not functional until way later than my morning person self cares to acknowledge.

brutal. that's what this weekend was.

i could really use another weekend to recover from this.

(my life is seriously going to change once i buy a house and no longer have free babysitting in the wee hours of the night/morning!!)



Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Change, smange. What is life without the occasional why-did-I-do-that all-nighters? Or close? =) I actually miss those times sometimes. Not least of which were the times I was responsible for your own staying up, lol!

Peterson Family said...

Wow. I am such a dork. I have never been a night person and thus HATE to stay up past 11pm. Seriously, I am a MAJOR grump. :) Even in my single days only ONCE did I stay out until 3am and then I vowed to never do it again... and never did. haha

You can imagine how much fun I am on a sleep over. :) "can we go to sleep yet?" hehe