by a guy friend. do guys read blogs? hmmm... interesting thought to ponder.
so friend, this is for you. my favorite quote of all time, and one i could stand a daily reminder on.
“I have come to the frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element. It is my personal approach that creates the climate. It is my daily mood that makes the weather.
I possess tremendous power to make a life miserable or joyous. I can be a tool of torture, or an instrument of inspiration.
I can humiliate or humor, hurt or heal.
In all situations, it is my response that decides whether a crisis will be escalated or de–escalated, and a person humanized or dehumanized.
If we treat people as they are, we make them worse. If we treat people as they ought to be, we help them become what they are capable of becoming.
- Goethe



5 comments:
What kind of "friend" is this? :)
Good quote!
And I do agree that you should post more- you're one of my favorites to read and whenever I see a new post of yours is up, I read it right away. But I know how life and other such things can get in the way. But I'd still like to see you pop up in my reader more often :)
I your twitter feed to my reader but yes I'd love you to blog more too.
And the all important question. Does said friend also post so that it is a two way communication. Yes, I'm one who doesn't. :)
Me too... yours is always first on my list to read.
I loved that poem too... very beautiful. Sure makes you think about how we treat others around us and just how much our attitude really does affect others and their lives.
Posting is good, but I still say making cookies with the munchin tops all else. =)
Post a Comment