Friday, October 16, 2009

Lost

Photobucket




Somehow, the subtle delicacies of key lime cheesecake are unappreciated by 50% of our household. It does, in fact, happen to be the 50% that is under 4 ft. tall (for now anyway - we're about a quarter inch shy which means it's official; there's only 14 inches difference between me and my 6 year old).

The poor dear. I am trying to raise her with an appreciation for life's small beauties. Sunsets, flour dusted hands, Sweedish Fish, waterfalls, Fraggle Rock, leisurely hikes, etc. This list simply must include two of our Earth's greatest offerings; cream cheese and limes. Somehow, someway, the value of them is lost to her.

*I used this recipe, modified it to 8 servings so it would fit a 6 inch pan, reduced the lime juice, upped the zest, and tweaked the baking directions. Worked splendidly. Now, does anyone want to help me eat it? Seems I'm alone in this.



{Side note: Truthfully, I think I'd rather make the cupcakes though this is mighty tasty.}



Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks amazing! I can be there in about an hour and a half. It would so be worth the drive.

April and Michael Maughan said...

We made those cupcakes for St. Pateick's day. They were fabulous!