Tuesday, August 25, 2009

So it's all coming together

Today I had fun. I let kids use their phones in class (check out Poll Everywhere), we watched a cool video they were engaged in, and I feel prepared for round 2 tomorrow. All that and I'm still functioning on my new daily breakfast of a warm can of Pepsi, downed last minute in the car because I realize as I walk out the door that I've only had 5 hours of sleep and no breakfast... it's my only hope of survival.

Then I came home, prepped another awesome lesson (at least I think it's neat-o), made a real dinner (for the first time in a week), and am done in time to fall asleep at a semi-normal hour. Weird! I wonder what it'll be like tomorrow working after getting some sleep.

I kinda like this working thing.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a brave person letting phones in class. I was always the mean teacher who would take it until the end of class. Granted I taught the lower level classes and the students usually did horrible because they refused to do ANYTHING so I had to take away their distraction.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are enjoying your new job! Those kids are lucky to have you as a teacher.

Peterson Family said...

Hooray for you on your first day! Glad to hear that it went well and that you are ready to go back! hehe... Good for you!

Anonymous said...

I can picture you in a classroom!! I'm sure that you are an awesome teacher!! Good luck! Hopefully things settle down after the first week.