Thursday, August 20, 2009

First Days



We both lived through the first of days. She with zeal and enthusiasm, me wishing for a massage. Instead, I utilized the ex's knowledge of techno-everything to get a leg up on my classroom equipment. Odd, I know, but I was at a loss of options and it reduced my stress a seriously noticable amount. If the school's handsome media man had been available to harass I certainly would have gone that route...

Her homework is done, the clothes picked out, and lunch packed. Now she's on her way to the last night of her dad's visit and I'm attempting to get my lesson ready for tomorrow. Come quickly, dear sleep. How I long for you.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Aeryn's so cute!! Glad you both survived. I almost felt like I was starting school myself yesterday as I spent the morning at the elementary school working on things for my friend's classroom and schedule (resource doesn't start till next week).

How does it feel to be "official"? Hope it's great!!

Peterson Family said...

Good luck at the new job! Those kids don't know how lucky they are to have you as their teacher (well, they soon will). :)

Nock 'em dead (well, not really) :)! I am thrilled for your new beginnings and know that you'll do great!! :)