Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I'm still alive

for today at least.

I've been SWAMPED getting ready for the new year to begin. School starts tomorrow and I'm the lucky one in the department who has no classes larger than 40. Seriously.

Life lately has been researching, and cleaning, and organizing, and buying office stuff at every thrift store I pass and I can honestly say that with 10 hours to go I'm sorta kinda almost a little bit ready. I'm excited though, does that count?

Lately I've been so overwhelmed thinking about the tendency of people (me) to feel better about themselves when actively engaged in something productive. For some (me) a job is really a critical part of ones' contentment. As I look back over the last several months (5) that I haven't really had even a part time commitment to anything but being a silly mom, I can see how I quickly slipped from being overjoyed at the free time and using it wisely to letting my life pass me by. I'm not saying people who don't work can't be happy, but that for me it has been so much easier to be optimistic, happy, outgoing, and just plain content as I've been so stinking busy I can hardly breathe.

I am the odd one, I know. The social interaction of a job is the best. So things are good. Aeryn is happy, she can't wait to start school tomorrow, I'm kinda-sorta-almost-but-I-think-I'll-squeeze-it-out ready, and I'm already crushing on a colleague. Come on, if you know me at all, you know it was only a matter of time.

So I guess this is my disclaimer that I really REALLY love this little blogging world, but my presence may be sporadic at best for a while. At least until I can figure out how to let myself regularly get 6+ hours of sleep again. Rest assured that in this part of the world, LIFE IS GOOD!!! I hope yours is the same.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear you girls are doing well! Congrats and good luck as you start this new adventure. You are going to be such an amazing teacher!

Katie said...

Good Luck!! I'm sure you will have a wonderful day. Can't wait to hear all about your adventures :)

Anonymous said...

Have fun! I know what you mean about being happy in spite of or maybe because of being so busy all the time -- kinda envy you there!