Thursday, May 7, 2009

Meatless for the Month of May v.2


Well, I'm up to that ol' nonsense again. Going meatless for a month. However, I have eaten chicken once (already??) because a friend prepared a great dish to contribute to a dinner I hosted. I have not purchased nor cooked meat yet this month, nor have I followed my delightfully planned menu. Read: not one single dish, which is a bummer because some of the stuff I picked in my idealistic-I'm-going-to-plan-and-be-an-amazing-supermom moment looks really fabulous!

It's ok though! The local market has had such a killer deal on berries that I've stuffed myself silly. In one two hour span I single-handedly ate 2 pounds of strawberries and blackberries. I don't know how that happens, one here, one there, before you know it they are all gone. Oh, the delighfulness of it all!

Here's the rub: a few weeks ago I got an email from Martha herself (ok, not actually Martha, but one of her highly talented and hopefully well paid staff members) linking to this collection of meatless recipes on their website (the photo above is among them). I'll once again spare you my reasoning for this annual experiment, but I will say that I feel healthier, have more energy, and effortlessly return to a healthy weight balance when I eat less (or no) meat.

That said, I'm always looking for great meatless recipes. What resources or recipes have been helpful to you in eating as an herbivore? What is the biggest challenge? If you were to cut meat out of your diet as of... oh... yesterday, how long would you survive? Do you think this is crazy, sane, or a perfect waste of blog space?

It's ok. I won't cry.

Photobucket

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

A former roommate of mine is now a vegetarian and she has a blog full of tasty recipes. I have only tried the lentil tacos, but Steve and I both LOVED them, and I have a handful of friends who are now addicted to this recipe as well. You may find it on her blog here:

http://kamandemveg.blogspot.com/

Hope this helps!