Thursday, January 8, 2009

party project #3: princess hats

the calls have started coming in.

"are you really sure?"

"is she going to be ok with that?"

"will you call me if you change your mind?"

why is having a gift-free birthday such an anomaly?

regardless, i love these. again, they may be for me. except that if they were for me there would be buttons somewhere and huge chipboard glittered initials for each of the girls. however, it IS my daughters birthday party and i happened to listen when she said "no buttons mama!" hmmm.


i think that i'm done with party crafts, excepting a cake of course. believe it or not but i'm burning out somewhat.

***after searching a little for party hat templates, i created my own (which can be found using the new link on my sidebar or by clicking here!!). why is mine better? first, it fits on an 8.5x11 sheet of paper. second, it's just how i wanted them :) ***

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michelle, I'm a little late with this comment as I'm sure that you have everything planned for Aeryn's party--but Taryn went to a princess party last year. Her absolute most favorite part of the party was when the REAL Cinderella showed up to talk to the girls and let them take pictures with her (it was a Laurel from the ward dressed in her prom dress) Taryn felt extremely special after that visit!! Hope your party goes great!! Make sure you post what works since I'm sure that I'm not the only one who will be hosting our own princess party soon (March 31 to be exact!)

Peterson Family said...

Well, I wouldn't be totally honest if I didn't say that was the FIRST thing I noticed about your ADORABLE invitations... but if Aeryn doesn't miss it then all the better right?! Not to mention that all (or most) of America cut back on Christmas this year and if Santa can make adjustments that don't bother the kiddo's then I don't see why you can't too!

I couldn't do it for my boys cause Hunter is too routine and systematic (it's the Autism) and parties+ friends=presents. And what we do for Hunter we do for Wes, because he WOULD notice since he wants EVERYTHING Hunter wants! :)

I am sure that your little party is going to be a BLAST gifts or not. I love everything that you have done for it so far... SO CUTE!!

Love Amy's idea too... that is awesome.