Monday, July 7, 2008

Summer

Admittedly, I've been a blog slacker. At times, I feel I've been a life slacker as well. Looking through pictures though it seems I've been up to more than I thought. Here's a glimpse...


Pleasant Grove Strawberry Days

Aeryn loved the carnival. I loved that the day we picked happened to be family night with all rides one ticket and all tickets one dollar. Any other day it would have cost $8 for us both to ride the ferris wheel!! I - don't - think - so.




Of course the berries and cream. Aeryn just drank the cream and then I got to eat her berries... win/win!




I'd never been to a rodeo. Can't say I have really formulated my opinion on them yet either. Ropin' was neat to watch, but the poor calves! The bull riding just showed me why chiropractors have a job, and the motorcycle stunt people reminded me how much trouble I will be in once Aeryn starts dating. She loved every moment of it.

Provo Freedom Festival


We never did find all the pioneer day re-enactments that were supposed to be there, but Aeryn ended up with another addition to our already overflowing dress up baskets.

Battling for my life against a Great Basin Rattlesnake


Sure, he's a baby, but didn't you know they are the most vicious? The most detemined to hunt you down in the still of the night and pierce your skin with their venomous fangs of death??? Oh, I'm not exaggerating. Not one bit. (Aeryn was in CO with her dad for a week and I spent that week in the Pequop Mts. of Nevada doing some geologic mapping.)

Baking my first souffle


Tolerable, but the thing was no better than my failproof brownies so I don't know that I'll take the time to bake another.

Being thrilled that 1/4 of my yellow bean seeds sprouted


Yay!! I'm so proud of this little plant. Now if only my birdhouse gourds would sprout...

Teaching my daughter to climb trees


She's a kid after all. That's what kids do.

Attending a wedding


His 5 + her 2 = a handful of adjustments. They are so happy though, and it was awesome to be there.

Giving some children's outdoor chairs a face lift


Before


After

Tomorrow we leave on a trip to Wichita, KS, the summer vacation capital of the world, to help a cousin decide on moving there for grad school. See you all in a week!

0 comments: