
Ok. It drives me nuts when my rug corners get munched. I can ignore it for a little while, but inevitably it gets to the point where I just can't bring myself to look at them for one more moment. Perhaps if I bought finer quality rugs this would not be an issue. As it is, I have never paid more than $75 for a rug and have to be creative, or ingenious (yes, that's it), to keep them at their best for as long as humanly possible.
This then, is my solution. 
1: Gather supplies.
One annoyingly curled corner rug, a self adhesive linoleum tile, glue gun, and scissors. Cut the tile from corner to corner to create 4 smaller triangles.

2. Peel and stick one triangle to the underside of each curled corner. If I'm doing one corner, I do them all so the rug will lay consistent all the way around. 
3. Now, since I'm not the easiest-wearing-rug person in the world, I find that a little hot glue around the edges helps to keep the tile secure through my normal daily whatever-ness. 
4. Voila. Gaze in wonder at the 28 cent rug fix.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Rug Fix
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
what a good idea.
I am always so impressed by your creative fixes, projects, cooking, etc. I have yet to be stricken with curling rugs, but I will keep this in mind for when I am.
Great idea!
I can't tell how large your rug is, but another idea is to purchase a carpet pad for underneath and then cut it about 3 to 4 inches short all the way around; it forces all the edges/corners to lay flat. That's what we did for our area rug in our family room and it worked like a charm (even after 2 years)!
Though your idea sounds cheaper (right up my alley)... :)
Post a Comment