Kids are crazy things. They grow, right before our very eyes, yet we never see it happen. Our own kids grow, but slowly, while children we haven't seen in a while are now suddenly worlds ahead of where they were. It's as though we expect our own kids to change, but no one else's can unless we're around to see it; which is ironic since as previously mentioned the changes are so subtle (usually) that it takes something crazy to point it out to us, even though we KNOW it's happening. Not that that makes sense outside of my head. Inside it sounds perfectly logical.
Yesterday we went to the Hogle Zoo. We haven't been there since April of 2005. That last trip was a bit disappointing to me. At least half of the zoo was closed down for construction on exhibits so there were no big cats or half of the primates there. Now however, the new "Asian Highlands" were completed and in addition to every exhibit being open and the new Conservation Carousel, we were able to see the traveling white alligator exhibit. Alligator? Crocodile? I don't recall. I forgot how to tell the difference somewhere around 5th grade. I matters not...
The most memorable moment of the day was this little "you vs. a gorilla" wall thing. Unlike last time, I had to request this photo op. Unlike last time she stood still. Unlike last time, she's a child rather than a toddler. I couldn't believe it. 

Eventually, I'll have the rest of the photos uploaded to our PicasaWeb Albums (since I forgot the memory card was not in the camera, ran out of storage, and took most of the pictures on my phone it's a bigger project than normal). What's that? I've never given you the link? Hmmmm....
One of these days I'll add it to the sidebar. Until then, you can find us here.
Friday, July 18, 2008
Then/Now
Posted by
Micha
at
4:12 PM
Labels: Aeryn, Family Time
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment