Monday, May 26, 2008

Nature's Majesty



Once in a while something comes along to remind us just how precious every little moment is. These moments are often fleeting but indescribable in their significance. After 5 days of rain, two days pulling weeds out of the softened soil, and a crazy desire to return to a more "simple" life, this sight was our reward and lasted but a few minutes.

As I gazed at the sky, I thought how beautiful rainbows are. Each is unique to the vantage point of the viewer and none is visible to everyone. I was filled with extreme gratitude for the opportunity to see it. I realized that if we had gone inside when the sprinkling started, we would have missed it entirely.

We could have pulled out the PS2, or watched a movie, or any number of other pursuits. Certainly, they could have made for some quality time and relaxation, but the sheer joy on Aeryn's face when she noticed the rainbow is irreplaceable. One different little decision of how to spend our time and she would've missed that chance to stare in wonder at our world. I love life unplugged.

0 comments: