Aeryn did get to have Easter- even though her crazy mother had to be elsewhere. Grandma & Grandpa did the whole Easter basket thing and when I got home Sunday night (smelling like I'd never showered in my life) she was having a blast hunting eggs with cousins.
It's no secret that I'm a proud lil' mama. I have one of those cheesy clear cover binders for class filled to the brim with pics of my baby girl. In class Monday, this same favorite professor watched over my shoulder as I was working on the lab. As he glazed over the pics I stashed in there he glanced at me with the tender "Awww" thing going on. He then asked if she had a good Easter. I said that we were going to do Easter that night because she did have and egg hunt but "I wasn't there." It couldn't have been farther from my mind to be implying anything by that, but he just looked at me and said "sorry" rather sheepishly. That's right mister. Planning a mandatory trip over a Holiday when only 3 people in the class do not have children. Hmmmph. At least as the only mom (woman, vixen, diva) in the class I get a little more compassion.
I'm not grumpy about it. I promise. We did an egg hunt and basket thing Monday night. It was almost more fun because we didn't have to worry about getting ready for church or family coming over. It was laid back and fabulous. She got to prance around in her dress without me caring if she messed up her hair and she was able to talk to her dad on the phone right after opening the things he sent her.
It's no secret that I'm a proud lil' mama. I have one of those cheesy clear cover binders for class filled to the brim with pics of my baby girl. In class Monday, this same favorite professor watched over my shoulder as I was working on the lab. As he glazed over the pics I stashed in there he glanced at me with the tender "Awww" thing going on. He then asked if she had a good Easter. I said that we were going to do Easter that night because she did have and egg hunt but "I wasn't there." It couldn't have been farther from my mind to be implying anything by that, but he just looked at me and said "sorry" rather sheepishly. That's right mister. Planning a mandatory trip over a Holiday when only 3 people in the class do not have children. Hmmmph. At least as the only mom (woman, vixen, diva) in the class I get a little more compassion.
I'm not grumpy about it. I promise. We did an egg hunt and basket thing Monday night. It was almost more fun because we didn't have to worry about getting ready for church or family coming over. It was laid back and fabulous. She got to prance around in her dress without me caring if she messed up her hair and she was able to talk to her dad on the phone right after opening the things he sent her.
The requisite eggs. We only did 3 dozen this year. I KNOW that SOUNDS like a lot, but last year we did 5 dozen so this went really fast and only fills one small part of the fridge. I figure as long as there is still room for something else in there too then we're ok.

She actually looked at me and smiled for this one!
It's kind of blurry, but I still love the way this pic shows the swishing of her dress. Isn't that the best measure of an Easter dress?? How well it twirls??
CHOCOLATE!!!



1 comments:
Yes one hundred percent, Easter dresses must be spinner friendly! She is so cute. And a quiet Easter post party sounds delightful to me.
Post a Comment