Thursday, April 3, 2008

Clarity

Lately I've been torn a hundred different directions mentally. All of them are good, but the process of reconciling all my imaginings with my true priorities is not always the easiest thing. I suppose that's a challenge we all face.

There are always more things to do, more places to go, more dreams to fulfill than time or other means available to allot to them. Distraction seems to be the norm rather than the exception.

Then I read this post by Amber and I immediately felt a sense of peace. I love this girl. I knew her in Colorado before the move back to UT that she mentions in this post. She was always willing to do anything at all to help me. I'm still incredibly grateful for her watching Aeryn as I went to job interviews when thrust unexpectedly back into the work force. (She can also help fill your Tupperware needs! I heart my salad spinner.)

Really, very few things in life are truly important. For each of us the exact definition of those things may vary somewhat. The trick is to identify them and set the proper course. Then somehow, magically, the rest just falls into place.

2 comments:

amber said...

You are so sweet! Please come to my end of UT soon...

Peterson Family said...

Priority. I am always on the search for more balance in my life and I know it always comes down to that word. I really enjoyed conference last weekend and I felt like this very subject was touched on quite a few times.

I always enjoy the way you think Michelle. You are a deeply spiritual person, and I thank you for sharing your talent of written expression. You always make me think openly about where I am in my own life and where I want to be. :)

You have more clarity than you think. :)