Saturday, February 2, 2008

A week of just me - Day 7

This is it! We've made it to the end. Tomorrow I make the fateful trip to Grand Junction to retrieve my darling angel. She has ANOTHER ear infection. I suppose it's not really another one as much as the same one that has been through multiple rounds of antibiotics and not faded. One eardrum ruptured and now feels fine, the other however is riddled with pain repeatedly. Poor darling. We're going to get tubes in again, although the date isn't set just yet. Rick called at 12:30 tonight so I could talk to her and calm her down a little. He's never had to deal with this before and I think he felt a little lost.

Today was a basic day. School, homework, and then I threw in a session at the temple and some stuff tonight with friends. "Work" you could call it, though tonight it didn't feel like work. I like that about my "job".

In honor of Aeryn's return, here's a handy dandy cell phone pic of a little snowman she made Christmas Eve. I had bundled her up and sent her out to play, just to have her return saying "I need raisins!" Since she doesn't like raisins (much like her mother) I gave her a little bowl of craisins. When she asked for carrots I had a pretty good idea what was up. The creation was probably 5 inches tall (being a tad generous) and is still the most darling snow creation I've ever seen. The fact that I'm a sentimental mama has nothing to do with that either... see for yourself :)

1 comments:

Peterson Family said...

That is a CUTE little snowman!!

Poor daddy having to deal with a first time ear infection (for him that is)...those stink! I am sorry that she's going to have to have tubes again, poor thing. That is rough.

Hooray!! You made it Michelle, day 7! Have a safe drive... :)