This morning as I was heading out the door, I looked down just before nearly stepping atop these delicate tracks. It was such a simple little sight. Running along the edge of my stairs alongside the house, one set of tracks on each step. The simplicity of it filled my morning with wonder and awe. Nature heals me. It replenishes my stores and reminds me of the delicacy of life. After all...
Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul. ~ John Muir
Taking the night off of studying yesterday was not necessarily the smartest decision. I convinced myself that I would get up early to complete some assignments but, of course, it did not happen. I was unprepared for class today and will be turning in a lab late. BUT, I could think for once. Class went more smoothly, despite my lack of preparedness. I may actually be starting to grasp some of this structural mumbo jumbo. If I poured myself into it the way I do sediments I'm sure it would make much more sense.
Tonight we had a girls craft night. Fabulous, that's all I have to say. Time to just hang out, talk about nothing, and have some good eats. What could be better? I have been wanting to doll up my living quarters a little and decided to try my hand at painting. So far I've figured out that I do really nifty backgrounds and am then too afraid to put anything on top of it. So it's work in progress. Mostly though, there is just something liberating about dumping a bunch of random colors on a canvas and smearing them around to see what it becomes. Doesn't look like much yet, but my soul feels lighter and refreshed.

Any ideas what I should add?
Needless to say, things are looking up. They were never really not up, but I sure needed this release tonight. Thanks a ton Nichole, Amy, and Daniela.
Tomorrow I may actually start returning the phone calls of the last week! Wow. Imagine that.



1 comments:
Fabulous!! Photo and paintings of course. Keep up the busy-ness and the week will be past before you know it!
Amanda
Post a Comment