Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A week of just me - Day 4

It's snowing. It took but moments for my car my red car to glisten a shimmering white. So beautiful, so peaceful.

The days are continually feeling longer with no little person to distract me and way too much homework. Tonight I went to dinner with a cousin for a much needed break. I came home with the intent of studying, but I just don't have it in me. With all my good intent, I have let a couple hours pass by with papers and books spread all over, and have nothing to show for it. In my defense, I'm exhausted. I need it.

Apparently Aeryn is sick. I'm confident that it will pass quickly. I sure do hope that it's not because I drove home from Grand Junction with her coat still in my car. We've made it to the halfway point and I have yet to do any of the grand and wonderful things I dreamt of completing this week. There are still a couple days left. If I have a chance after getting the mundane necessities completed I think I'll take some advice from Emerson...


Break the monotony, do something strange and extravagant.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 comments:

Angela S said...

I think doing something not normal would be great! Have fun!