Finally I've made it home. This has been a most busy and wonderful day. I actually let myself sleep in! Didn't get up until 8... wow. I can't remember the last time I did that. About 9 I headed to campus and studied sedimentary geology and more sedimentary geology until 12 when I had to take a break and study some structural geology. An hour later, it was back to sediments. In a wonderful turn of fate (?) I got the score on last weeks exam back and I was one of the top in class. Several think I was the top, but I'm convinced that one guy got better than me and just wasn't telling people his score. It doesn't matter, but it makes me feel a little better about my new approach to studying and alleviates a little bit of the feelings of inadequacy I have had in this class. I'm the only girl (or should I say woman ;) in the class so sometimes I put undue pressure on myself. Not to mention, the professor is only a few years older than me and incredibly accomplished. I am in awe when I look at what he's done. His high expectations of himself and us are making me care a great deal how I perform in his class.
After a quick dinner and, yes, you guessed it, some more studying, it was off to FHE. I am really tired of the YSA thing, but I take a young girl every week so I feel an obligation to go. We had a bonfire up the canyon. That's right. We were sliding on icy roads all the way there, getting snowed on continually, and are in the midst of a delightful winter storm warning and we had to -as a ward activity- head outside to freeze our little buns off. Now that I'm home again I bet you can't guess what I'm going to do. I wish I could say it had nothing to do with Geology.
Aeryn called me today. I guess she's missing me. It is so nice to know I'm not alone in that, although I do really want her to have a good time while she's with her dad. Today they went to Colorado Mills mall and rode the Merry-Go-Round. That has become their signature activity when she visits and Aeryn will talk about it for weeks after she's home. It's hard to walk by her room when I'm going to bed. I know it's good for her to see her dad, but unfortunately there is always a question of trust in situations like this and I can't seem to rest easy until she's home again. It's really hard knowing someone else has your whole world in their hands.
Enough of that. This blogging every day about ME thing is weird. I'm not sure it's my favorite use of the www. At least it's only one week.
Monday, January 28, 2008
A week of just me - Day 3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Just to let you know... I read every one of your blogs and I'm enjoying learning more about my niece.
Post a Comment