Saturday, December 8, 2007

Latke Love

Ok, so it's not the first night of Hanukkah and I'm not Jewish. I did however fall in love with these patties of potato goodness several years ago while working in a predominantly Jewish office. Each year since I have planned a Hanukkah party, though it has never once come to fruition. Tonight finds us snowed in. The perfect opportunity to indulge in some fried seasonal treats.





Mmmmmm. Golden Brown & Delicious



We did have a near tragedy of being completly out of sour cream. Seems I made a coffee cake and forgot that I'd used it all. One advantage of basement living is the second refrigerator of ingredients that lives upstairs. Thank heavens. I just can't imagine latkes without it. Little munch didn't care for the sour cream, or the latkes actually.

This year I used a relatively simple recipe found here. I didn't add enough salt but they were quite tasty nontheless.

2 comments:

Peterson Family said...

Mmmm... anything potato, fried and lathered in sour cream is a welcome treat anytime!! Looks delicious and I hear you on the fridge thing... :)

Anonymous said...

Those look so tasty. Now would you please send some of that Utah Valley snow to The Beav? Logan keeps getting missed by the big storms, and I just want to ski! Thanks.