Thursday, April 21, 2011

Spring family vay-cay 2011 - the final chapter

a.k.a. What happens in Vegas...

The castle

On the drive home from Cali, we parked ourselves in Vegas for a night. JD had promised little squirt that they would stay in the castle the next time they drove through so naturally a night at Excalibur was born. We arrived with enough time to stop at the Williams-Sonoma outlet for a fantastic All-Clad skillet (in which JD made this seriously awesome Tagliatelle with Prosciutto and Orange last night). The girls got sunglasses, we goofed off in the photo both, and then it was the strip.

Photobooth fun

I've gotta say I was a touch nervous taking big squirt there, and the nerves didn't fade when we were walking through the hotel to our room and had no choice but to go through the casinos with their flashing lights and enticing chime-y music. Explaining why those "video games" are not good was really more difficult than I anticipated. She and little squirt seemed to believe us when we said they were not something to mess around with though.

The view from our room

The girls constantly battled over whose turn it was to push the elevator buttons. Ok, they were actually really good at taking turns. But boy oh boy was it important that we not forget whose turn it was!

Waiting for the fountains at Bellagio. The girls were crazy tired until the show started. Then their interest was piqued beyond comparison. It was as entertaining to watch as the fountains were!

JD and little squirt admiring the pools of molten chocolate. Care to take a dive?

Aeryn sure wanted a bite!

So it was dinner at CPK, browsing Tiffany, and sweet, sweet fountains at Bellagio. Bellagio is reason enough to visit Vegas. I've always said that one day I'll be a guest there so I can visit their exclusive art gallery. Now that I look it up online, I'm wrong and a mere $15 grants entrance to the rotating exhibits of awesome. Looks like I'll have to go back! Until then, we'll content ourselves with butterfly gardens and standing in front of the WORLDS LARGEST CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN. Seriously, does it get any better than that? I think not.


Waiting for our pizza with possibly the best waiter known to man.


Me and the girls outside Bellagio. Have I mentioned I like it there?


I love him. A. Lot.


Family Pic Inside the Bellagio. See all the daffodils in the background? I was in serious heaven.



JD and the girls. Big squirt was quite disappointed that this was not a working ferris wheel.

A night in Vegas is really all it takes to appreciate being home again. Small doses. That's how Vegas should be handled.

Until summer, family vay-cay adjourned.

Photobucket

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, so you guys have been like seriously busy. In a good way. So glad you got this time! And thanks for sharing. =)