Day 6: Heavens this was a crazy busy day. So much packed into so little time! In the morning, the girls and I passed time riding elevators up and down in the parking garage while JD finished up some needed stuff for graduation. While we were at the info desk the two girls ran over to a seating area and were playing around the chairs. I looked and didn't see anything they could get into and assumed all was well. When we split up, JD to the library and the girls and I to find momentary pacification, I was chased down outside the building by the employee working the lounge area. Seems there were some flat screen monitors by those chairs that were in perfect working condition when we arrived....
ahem.
Excuse me while I relive the panic that ensued here.
Ok, thank you. Once cleared from the liability,
Next on the agenda? Knott's Berry Farm.
It was certainly knott the Not's berry farm of my youth, but it was completely empty! Seriously, I couldn't believe how few people were there. I think we waited for only a couple of the rides, the rest we were able to just hop on when we got there. It makes sense now why the driver of our hotel shuttle last year kept telling us to go there instead of Disneyland. Though, in truth, Disneyland was totally worth it.
The afternoon found us lounging in the hot tub while JD went back to school again to be a pawn in someone else's graduate research. Good for him, I say! After all the people who slaved, and sweated, and swore working on his. The girls and I had some valuable girl-time and when JD returned we headed to Angel Stadium. It's hard to say if this or Knott's was the highlight of the day.
The game actually lasted 12 innings, with the Angels winning 4-3, but we left after 9. Something about little people and attention spans... It was a fantastic day. The only disappointment was the ball park hot dog. I remember them being tastier than that...
C'est la vie. What a busy, busy, busy but terrific day.














0 comments:
Post a Comment