Saturday JD and I had an awesome date. Since we both have kids, we made a goal to go out once a week as just us. Sometimes that is easier said than done, but we have really made it work well. It helps that there are two sets of grandparents and a whole ward of Young Women who are anxiously willing to babysit for us.
This week we did the impossible. Or rather, I did the impossible. I set foot into the Marriot Center for a BYU basketball game. Honestly, I don't think I've been to an athletic event at BYU since I was about 8. A fact I was never emotionally wounded over. This game was significant though because it's Jimmer's last home game. Ever. And it was awesome.
Seriously, I think I'm catching the fever. Please don't tell my dad, ok?
Proof that I was was there! Unfortunately I don't have proof that I cheered, jumped up at key baskets, got excited, and had a great time. You'll just have to take my word for it.
This was sort of our last hurrah for now. Wish me luck as I endure the 4-11 days he will be gone. The void is indescribable. In response I've created a somewhat overwhelming project list to keep myself distracted. We shall see how this works out...





2 comments:
So I look extremely tired in that picture, but you look amazing. I will vouch that you cheered at the appropriate times. :)
Good for you! I've quit following sports, but I still love a good game. Glad the Aggies have a couple decent teams in sports or I might have to find a way to work my way to a Cougar game. =) Have fun staying busy.
Post a Comment