This weekend was a blast. Then again, I wasn't at work and was with my most favorite people in the whole world. It's hard to not enjoy it with a setup like that.
My dearest JD happens to be an avid BYU fan. Like, seriously beyond description.
That is saying something, because my family is of the BYU-obsessed breed and I still see JD as being a tad bit more into things than I've ever experienced. After a lifetime of antagonism toward college athletics controlling ones entire life, I have become a complete hypocrite and now allow my own life to be completely controlled by the game schedule. Or rather, athletics matter to someone I dearly love being with so I choose to let them into my life so I can be around said adorable person. I'd watch football for six straight hours if that's what it took to be around him. And that, my friends, is how you know this is serious.
This weekend started with men's volleyball:
He and Me
JD and the girls cheering right before we solidified the win in match 3
How adorably cute are they?
Aeryn and I - a long overdue self pic
The fieldhouse may not have been the best place for the kids. They couldn't see terribly well and so they got bored somewhat quickly. Fortunately, neither child has any difficulty making new friends and they rounded up the most entertaining entourage. This cute little grandpa (whose face is completely hidden behind his grandson in the stripes) was a serious blast for the girls. He was silly and goofy and they drank it up.
After volleyball, we had a sleepover at JD's parents house, the highlight of which was the next morning when the girls crawled into bed with me and we snuggled and were silly for a good hour. JD slept on the couch downstairs and I think he felt a little left out when he realized all the quality cuddle time I'd received. To pass time the girls took time taking pictures with my phone. They are all blurry, but it was some serious fun.
Saturday morning was a church-ball tournament, in which JD's team clobbered the other one and not one single contentious word was uttered by either team.
Then, later that day was the ever-important BYU/SDSU men's basketball game in which we straight dominated them. Ok, not really. It was a pretty close game but BYU managed to keep the lead the whole time (after the 0:30sec mark anyway). It's official, they got Jimmered. (un)Official commentary on game happenings follows (much to the dismay of some of the commentators).
So yes, you read that right. Friday = volleyball and Saturday = basketball^2. The third potential basketball game on Saturday was abandoned in favor of ice cream and Wii. Even with all the sports, this weekend was truly fantastic. I think I could get used to the energy and excitement that athletics bring into life. That JD guy is opening my eyes to a whole new world - and I love it.
2 comments:
I tell Ryan all the time I am so glad that he doesn't obsess with sports. Even if he did I still would love him... At least I hope I would.. :) Love that you are so happy!
Uh oh, are you going to turn into one of THOSE who stick around camp in Moab on a Saturday afternoon to watch a BYU game?? J/K! This from the girl who was the only teenager, much less GIRL, watching BYU games over the satellite in various church's primary rooms during high school. =)
Post a Comment