Friday, December 31, 2010

60

My dad's birthday is the day after Christmas. Couple that with the number of people I've heard say that their dad is the hardest person to figure out gifts for and the holidays can be rough on the ol' decision making (for me anyway.) This year my dad hit the big 6-0. Clearly I had to do something about this, and it made birthday planning fairly easy. My family is not always the biggest jokers though so I knew that whatever I did, it had to be done delicately. After a little thought, this is what I came up with.


I made the tags using a 6pt font around the outside, cut them with a scalloped edge trimmer, and succeeded to not take any pictures when they were done. You'll have to believe me when I say everything looked fantastic. The tags were tied on with blue satin ribbon. you can't tell from this picture but the cardstock is double sided - sage on the front, periwinkle on the back. With the black paper, it was fantastic.

Here's the low-down on the gift line up:
1: an illuminated magnifying glass
tag: So you will never need help reading all the pesky little text in the world.

2. applesauce
tag: Yay! No teeth required!

3. Ben Gay
tag: Oh, the aches!

4. Digital photo keychain
tag: So you'll never forget what (or who) you're looking for.

5. Special Dark Bar (dark chocolate is a favorite in our family)
tag: No matter how DARK or dismal things may appear, you're still special.

It ended up being just the right balance of teasing and practical. Since he was the youngest adult in the room (I'm not counting myself as an adult) I was really glad to have not gone overboard.

Photobucket

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! And you're right . . . the fam does have a hard time with funny sometimes. =)