It's November.
Isn't it wonderful?
That means it's just that much closer to feasts and Christmas trees! I love this time of year, probably partly because I justify baking in the winter as a means to heat the house. And because it's fun. And just because I like it. And because I can't wait to hang my own Christmas lights! (I am woman, hear me roar!)
One of the things that often occupies my mind is how to cultivate an attitude of gratitude, both within myself and within my child. She's awesome at saying thank you, but trying to spread it beyond that takes a little effort since kids are often so focused on their own little worlds.
Inspired by Ali's December Daily projects (which I've admired for years but at present are SO not realistic for my life) we made these little "Thankful Daily" books.
They are really quite simple. Half sheets of computer paper, one page per day until Thanksgiving, stitched to a cover of pretty scrapbook paper. Then we decorated the front with some thickers and stickers, added a twine bow, and called it good. (She placed the stickers herself - didn't she do a great job keeping it straight?)
Every night at dinner we will each add one thing we are thankful for to a new page in our books. By Thanksgiving we should have amassed a decent collection of happy thoughts.
For today, she's happy for her family.
Me too, little bug.
Me too.





0 comments:
Post a Comment