I cooked.
That's right. I cooked Thanksgiving dinner. And if I do say so myself, it was FANTASTIC!!
The offerings:
Do you find the addition of cheese dip to be unusual? It's a family tradition. My dad makes the queso and we put it on everything. Yes, EveRyTHinG. In fact, the best TG leftovers have to be sandwiches made from rolls, turkey (or ham) and a big smattering of queso. Oh baby! That is some good stuff. This year he experimented with a tomatillo based salsa and it was deelish.
{An unfinished table shot because, well, I didn't get any other pictures of it}
It was fantastic! Wait, I said that already. Though I had grand intentions of taking gazillions of pictures to document the first real celebration we've hosted, I found myself in the middle of the moment too much and getting few, if any, pictures. Decorations were simple, and free. Apples from Grandma's tree, pinecones and leaves from my parents yard, tablecloth a repurposed sheet, the dishes I purchased in 1994, and menus on a fantastic scrapbook paper already in my stash.
{Trying to get a good picture of Thomas before we devoured the poor thing}






0 comments:
Post a Comment