Saturday, October 30, 2010

The tropical bird

You may remember that my kidlet likes pink.

I don't know if I've ever made that point clear or not.

If I haven't, let's drive it home right now: she likes pink. Pink, PiNk, PINK. All the time. Everywhere.

So her room is some serious PINK if I do say so.

She's on this black-white-pink kick because of Kuromi, Hello Kitty's somewhat gothic looking friend.

When we bought the house, the plan was to paint obnoxious pink walls (which I happen to love), change her bedding to black & white, and add some black vinyl to the walls. (This because my 7 year old has already asked to paint her room black and mom vetoed that idea. Stat.) The obnoxious pink walls have been done forever, but the bedding is still the pink we already had and the vinyl was in process.


 Pink going up!



Pink - Up!!

Her dad works in signs, which means that he's been dealing with vinyl since long before Cricuts and home vinyl applications. If you'd have told me a decade ago that I'd be voluntarily putting that stuff on my walls now I'd have seriously thought you were looney, as it is, that's just what I did. Rick helped design and cut out the vinyl, then shipped it to me all weeded and masked so I could pull out my handy chick-ladder at 5:45 this morning and slap it up in no time.

Which means we've now got something more like this:

Pretty fun, no? It looks better without the flash, but I just couldn't wait for the sun to wake up.

Now we've just got to get rid of the pepto pink bedding and we'll be set.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the design! I gave up trying to make my kids' rooms cute. Way to go!

nichole said...

it is beautiful! I love it all- the paint and the vinyl. I can't wait to see the house again. I bet it looks amazing.