Saturday, October 16, 2010

Psycho independent incident of the week

Ikea and I are friends. Pretty good friends, if I do say so myself, but you'd have to ask her (him? it?) to see if the affection is mutual.
Friday morning with the KiKi (a familiar sight)

 
This week, with a lot of time at home (compared to normal) I caved and bought the oh-so-awesome Expedit bookcase that I've been dreaming of for about 3 years now. Looking for a house, I couldn't justify the purchase since I didn't know what I would be dealing with later. But yesterday I grew tired of the chaos and disorganization that is my still-living-out-of-too-many-boxes life and took matters into my own hands.

Let me just say that I'm grateful for the kindness of strangers.

Cupcake making with friends and Avatar

So thank you, person who saw me in my flip flops and knit skirt trying unsuccessfully to load a 65 kg package into my car. Note: 65 kg is very different from 65 lbs. And yes, I should have known that. Person who stopped and lovingly helped me load said package(s) into my car. Person who then helped me rearrange said packages when they didn't fit into my car. Person who was significantly older than me and kept calling me "darlin." Person who saved me from pulling many muscles and looking like a foolish adolescent in the parking lot of my favorite blue and yellow store.

Hungry yet?

But really, the best part is that I'd already denied offers of help from store employees. Twice. I just have this neurotic belief that I can do anything I put my mind to and that I can do it right now and by myself. At least I did. That idea is getting sabotaged rather quickly. I must send out some pretty pathetic karma.

Cupcake making on the living room floor using trashbags as dropclothes. Win/win!

After being bailed out - at the store and at home - I had a Saturday more fitting to reality. Hobby Lobby (sweetness THANK YOU for coming to Utah Valley!), hiking, painting, movies, and cupcake making with friends. Much more refreshing than my stubborness, and I've unpacked a few more boxes. Happy Day!



Photobucket

1 comments:

Mel said...

Good job! I usually say no too... which is silly when I am juggling 2 kids under the age of 3 at the same time as loading big (but not that big) stuff in my car.