Monday, October 11, 2010

The not-so-spooky sign

Phase 2 of this year's Halloween decor was even cheaper than the eggs. I found this (and other) pices of scrap wood in the garden. I went out the other day to toss them in the garbage and then thought better of it.

It already had some old, weathered brown paint on one part of it that I decided to not sand off. After washing it up a little, I simply diluted some basic white craft paint and gave it a watery once over. Then I used a graphics program to decide how I wanted the letters arranged - printed it out - cut it out to make a stencil - and then went to town with a sharpie and a cotton swab dipped in black craft paint.

Turned out cute, no?

Photobucket


Photobucket

2 comments:

Mel said...

Very Cute!

Mel said...

Yes.... it is me again. I want one of those! I've been looking in LA for an old dead beat up board since I saw this.. even with my neighbor giving me old boards every weekend, I haven't found one with quite the amount of character yours has... :) I'll keep searching, hopefully I find one by halloween!