Thursday, September 9, 2010

I've been so proud of myself today

Even though it feels ridiculous to be so.

I mean, all I really did was choose to go to bed last night. Instead of staying up until all 6 classes of papers from the last two weeks were graded and this mornings lessons fully prepped, I turned on a cheesy chick flick, set the TV's timer, and fell asleep on the couch within minutes. Before ten o'clock.

Fo sho.

I mean, it's the stuff normal people do, so I really shouldn't be all impressed with myself, even if it did mean a 4-5 hour increase over my normal amount of sleep. Regardless, the day went swimmingly and I have only my good nights rest to credit for it.

The afternoon even found me with enough energy to finally (a month after moving in...) install a shower curtain rod in the main bathroom so showers no longer have to be taken while sitting and holding the shower massage head, all the while getting irritated because no matter how hard I tried, it was impossible to not accidentally spray some random wall of the bathroom with a deluge of water. Tonight, showers will return to their blissful purpose: a hot and steamy respite from the storms of life.

Today really can't get any better.

Photobucket

1 comments:

Angela S said...

Congrats on the sleep...it is good now and then to take care of yourself first!