It's no secret to anyone in the western world that I promised Aeryn a dog after we got a house. Now that the move in date is set she's started asking. Fortunately for me, we also established a habit a year or two ago of talking about what pets need to be happy and healthy, as well as what the work is that goes along with taking care of them.
The name has been set as 'Indiana' for ages. Yes, you can certainly, 100% blame that on me. Because after all, I heart him. To infinity. And beyond. Although, what was UP with that crazy crystal skull nonsense??? But I digress. It didn't take much to convince her because I've gotten her a little hooked on Indie too.
However, in creative kid logic, she decided that what we needed was to get TWO dogs; a boy and a girl, named Indie and Ana. Gotta say that's the cutest thing I ever did hear. Not too sure I buy into it, but it's cute nonetheless. In effort to prepare for this someday-in-the-possibly-distant-future-because-I've-spent-all-my-money-on-non-fence-projects event, we are once again borrowing pets.
Ok, so borrowing is really a relative term. This was really more of a P&I were tired so we sent the kids to wash P's dog to keep them occupied, get the dog smelling better, and let me be a lazy bum on the couch. I was sleepy today. We camped this weekend (a story for another post) and not much sleep was to be had. It was a holiday here in the great state of Utah and one with fireworks. Fireworks + sleep = no sleep. P's son taught Aeryn the joy and necessity of cleaning your pet with a water gun (Also serves to give them a handy drink while in the tub. Talk about Puppy spa treatments!). I think Aeryn is fully trained in puppy ownership now. 
Those kids did a pretty good job, and I think it just may have bought me some time in the pet-aquisition department. They had a blast, I got a nap (20 min!!), and the dog is soft and fluffy again. Win/win. 
Sunday, July 25, 2010
Indi and Ana
Posted by
Micha
at
9:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
I love the kids giving the dog a bath idea. Although I'll admit you're much braver than I am in that department. I would have all these visions of wet dog scampering out of the bathtub and streaking through the house, trailing bubbles. =)
Post a Comment