Sunday, April 25, 2010

Walking to Church



I just love the simplicity of these walks. They remind me of a simpler age... which then causes me to wonder; was there ever really a simpler age? Seems our perceptions are so often different from reality on that front. The sunshine was bright and the crisp cool breeze was enough to force one to remain in the moment. The trees are blooming and Earth is coming alive for Spring. There are no traces of the snowstorms which plagued us last week.

Just up the road from where we are here was home with the most delightful orchid purple tulips standing firmly in the shade of aspens. They went so extremely well with the ornamental plum (I think) which was blooming a short ways in the distance. I've said it before and I'll say it again, we live in a stunning place. Earth lays her majesty before our very eyes and beckons us to slow our pace and drink it all in.

This is easy to do when there is so much beauty around. The stillness, the lake in the distance, the clean air and green grass, are just some of the reasons I love walking to church.


Photobucket

0 comments: