Sunday, January 10, 2010

10 things I really want to do this year but refuse to call "resolutions" because then they for sure won't happen

(the picture has nothing to do with this post. the bug just love her neopets, and i love the bug.)


I tend to find that the word "resolution" conjures up images of grandiose personal changes; Dreams penned to paper that are begun with zeal and enthusiasm, yet forgotten long before Cadbury eggs make their annual appearance. Resolutions are also often lacking in measurability, which nearly destines them to failure. As such, I am hesitant to make resolutions. That is not to say that I do not dream grandiose dreams that will never meet fruition, as I have potentially perfected the art. It simply means that I have decided to call my "resolutions" something much less psychologically damaging: goals.

In honor of this 10 on 10 (which has been on serious vaycay the last few months) I present this, a list of things that ARE NOT resolutions for the simple fact that I really want them to happen. Free commentary included...



  1. Buy a house (in process... it might take a while and I'm impatient)

  2. Run a 10kn (HA! can you hear me laughing? I haven't run even 15 feet in the last couple months)

  3. Create 72 hour kits for Aeryn and I (yay! a practical one!)

  4. Build a wooden bench to go at my dining table (like this one... I really dig it! without the hinged top, sized a touch narrower, maybe painted and distressed?? thoughts??)

  5. Visit Glacier National Park (another practical one! a cheap fun vacation! it's been on the goal list for oh, three years now. time to check it off)

  6. Hike a mountain (um.... this one scares me but I still really want it)

  7. Teach Aeryn to ride her bike (we started, but her balance is tricky so we're not quite there)

  8. Build savings to 2 months salary (after buying a house this may be tricky... but it's the goal)

  9. Take another carload of donations to the DI (caveat: without purchasing another carload. I love me some good thrift store shopping - especially the one in the really nice part of town...)

  10. Complete 15 things on my 101 list (phew. this I can do. I think. once I'm off work for the summer. maybe.)








Photobucket

0 comments: